Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tie Dye Snowmen



Groovy Snowmen

Pre K

 
 
Got love coffee filters. I think I use more coffee filters then a coffee addict! lol
Real fun to do kids love it and I love tie dye so it was up my alley.
So I started with the smaller size coffee filters...not the big ones you can get. The bottom of the snow man is the full coffee filter then the middle I cut off a little bit of the edge and then the head I cut off the wavy edges completely. 
Once you get the three coffee filters I had them placed on a mate, I used old manila folders (paint is gets all on the table without them). Then I had liquid water color in cups. The kids with paint brushes would color it in. It is amazing how they make it look like such great tie dye. I didn't have one student that just had one color snowman. It was great!
Once the filters dried, which I had them paint then about a hour later we went back. We glue the head middle and bottom together. Then I had precut hats, nose, scarves and buttons so they glued them on with googly eyes. I also gave them black marker to make their smiley faces, they can make a line or dots like a real snowman. BAM DONE! They look really really cool in the window....stain glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment