Wednesday, February 13, 2013

100 days...counting!



 

100 Day Count!

 
I did this activity three days before the 100 days. I made a pizza, alien, and a gumball machine. I made sure I lamentated it so I can use it every year. Now I used contact paper to lamenate due to the machine being broken so this is a way to seal it. It took a while but really a fun thing to do to set up for the 100 days. How I did this was I had them sit in a circle (Now I have three classes, I see one class a day and in each class there are 10 kids so it is small) and I discuss how 100 is a large number. Now most of the kids can not count up to that number. What I did was for each color or topping or eyes I have each kid put on 2 or 3 each. I did counting in quarters, it was easier. I would put a peice of tape on and the kids thought of it as a game to rush to get the topping or eye or candy on first. Once we got 25 on we counted each one. Now with the peices being lamenated I used a dry erase maker to mark the peice with the number. We did this four times and the kids got to count to 100 the best they can. I then BAM!!!! hung them up! So much fun!
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment