Saturday, January 12, 2013

Crazy Penguins

 
 

Crazy Penguins

Pre K

 
Winter is coming!!! I started this project in January...they are learning about the seasons and now that it is winter and snow is a coming what animal is good to start off with but cute little crazy penguins! The kids loooOooOove these animals and the girls think they are soooo cute! lol funny bunnies they are.
First thing I did was I showed them what they are making. It is really good to have a sample to show. I always do because these kids and the age they are very visual. Now again I prepare this the day before. You will need to have the stuff pre cut or if you want to spend more time and have them cut it out be prepared that it will take time.
Material:
  1. Blue Construction paper
  2. Black construction paper cut in a U shape for the body
  3. White construction paper cut in a smaller U shape for the belly
  4. White construction paper cut in large circles for eyes
  5. Black construction paper cut in small circles for pupils (they love that word)
  6. Orange construction paper for the beak
  7.  Any color construction paper for the ear muffs
  8. Black construction paper for the rod of the muffs



So I started off with showing picture of penguins so they get what color they are and talk about where they live...beach or artic? You will be surprised how many really know! Once we talk about that I have them glue the body together first, then the belly, then the eyes, pupils, beak, and then ear muffs.



Once the body is done now we had snow. Now I got some white tempra paint and added some glitter to give a little texture. I love art so much that I truly believe a real artist never have clean hands so instead of paint brushed I told them to use their fingers and add snow. Now STRESS  to them that snow falls from the sky so make sure they add snow at the top, I dunno why but they don't want to make snow at the top of the penguins. Also STRESS to them to make dots...snow is not zig zag lines...you know while they use their hands they wanna make a mess....no! lol. TIP: You might have a kids that has a tactil problem and don't want to get their hands dirty so I then allow them to use paint brushes. You might just get that! Once they are done the snow...BAM! You got your crazy Penguins!








 

No comments:

Post a Comment