Tuesday, January 29, 2013

100th Day 100 years old



100th Day of School!!

Pre K



100th Day of School is coming up and what is more fun to kids than having them make self portrait of themselves....but 100 years old!!!! I talked to them about what a self portrait is. I had pre cut shapes for the body and the head.

Material:
  • White circle construction paper (Head)
  • Body (cone shape)
  • Skin color paper
  • Cotton balls
  • Googly eyes
  • Glue
  • Markers

First thing we did was glue the body onto the paper. I had boy have blue background and green bodies and the girls had purple background and pink bodies. I think next time I will have a couple colors...make it more colorful. Once the body is on they glued on the head on. Once the head is on they where given skin color scrape paper. I went around or they can do it but cover the circle head in glue then rip peices of the paper and glue it on. This give the face a wrinkly effect. After the skin was put on I had them put the google eyes then hair. Once they have them on they could decorate themselves with eye brows, eye lashes, decorate their outfit etc.

It is fun when you talk to them about what it mean to get old. First thing I ask is what happens when you get old.....wrinkly skin, white hair, die (which I did not expect but again kids will surprise you!)

But a real fun project to do with the kids and it take about 20-30 minutes! EASY PEASEY!











No comments:

Post a Comment