Monday, October 15, 2012

Kandinsky Tree's



 

Kandinsky Trees

 
I am on shapes. Now I did Mondrian for squares and rectangles no circles is our next art! So I talked a little about Kandinsky...now remember Pre K has a very short attention spand so please pick out some interesting but important facts.
 
This project I still finished up primary colors and working on secondary colors. So my idea was to put that in there. So I traced circles on the color paper. I had three large circles (Primary colors) then three medium circles (Primary colors) and three small circles (Secondary colors) I had them cut the circles out and then they glued the three large circles on the stump (I had them pre cut). Then they put the medium circles on...they need help on this make sure that they will match up to mixing into the secondary color when you put the small circles on. Hard to explain but look at the picture.
Once they glued on the cirlces it looked boring still so I added what every art teacher dreads....glitter! The picture below was a test that I think came in handy. They are still working on how to work with the glue bottle so I had them practice on paper on how to use the glue bottle to make swiggle lines. Once the glue is on they learned how to glitter it up. Once we finished the test we started on making the wind in our picture with the glue and glitter, it came out great. STRESS to them that you do not want to see blobs...show them an example when you are doing the test paper...they will blob. You need to STRESS to them to move the bottle around and not in one place!
The grass area I had them use a glue stick all over the bottom of the line and then sprinkle color paper on. Make sure they push on the paper. Then BAM you got yourself some trees!!


No comments:

Post a Comment