Monday, October 22, 2012

Crazy Pumpkins and Frankinsteins

 

Crazy Pumpkins and Frankenstrein

Pre K

 
HALLOWEEN IS COMING!! All the kids are already acting crazy...full moon or something..lol. Why not make some crazy pumpkins and frankensteins! This came great time because we are learning about secondary colors so this was a great color mixing project as well.
So first thing we did was make the color of the pumpkin and Frankenstein. I have three classes so the class before we made these we went in the art room and I had a long sheet of white paper. Then I showed them the three primary color paints. I then asked the class that made the Frankensteins about how to make green. Once we got that I squeezed yellow and blue on the paper (my paint are in those baking chocolate squeeze bottles). Then with the kids hands they had to mixed them together. It is great for them to remember how to make green. Once they mixed it I have them some tools to give lines and texture...fork, sponges, etc. The pumpkin classes I asked the same thing how do you make orange and had them mix with hands and make texture.
Once the paper dried I have a template on the pumpkins and Frankenstein heads so I cut the heads out of the paper, Frankensteins dont forget to also cut the ears and a square for the nose. Then I took black construction paper and make mouths and pupils for both. White construction paper for the eye balls and teeth for both. For Frankenstein, cut purple construcion paper for hair and green construction paper for the bolts, black construction paper for the suite and white for the shirt. The pumpkin is just the brown construction paper for the stems (told them how the stem is important for the pumpkins). I then had the kids step by step put the peices together and BAM they got themselves a CRAZY PUMPKIN or CRAZY FRANKENSTEIN!!!! 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment