Monday, October 22, 2012

Keith Haring Subway

Keith Haring Subway

Pre K

 
Okay so I ran into a bunch of cardboard boxes and I also teach creative play so why not mix art class Keith Haring to creative play. So what I did was with the boxes I made a subway train. Now this took forever and alot of work...so if you want to make it...they kids really really really really love it so it is worth it in the end. I taped the boxed together to create a long rectangle cube. Under the cardboard is PVC pipes. You have to use them to support the train up. Once you get the frame together you put the box over it and tape the crap out of it! I mean I used a WHOLE ROLL of DUCK TAPE!!! ALOT! Once I had that together I then had the kids paint the train. Please use Acrylic....TEMPRA IS BAD TO USE! It would peel off easy. I had the kids paint so they had fun doing that. Ofcourse I went over it just for some spots. Then once it all dried I brought it in the room and then with markers, crayons, oil pastel graffetti all over it. I told them they are artist in the subway and to make their own art work. I also taped black construction paper to the wall and some chalk to make wall designs. It was alot of fun and it lasted in my room for about a month and a half.








No comments:

Post a Comment