Monday, December 10, 2012

Pattern Mittens

 
Pattern Mittens
Pre K
 
 
Patterns! This is a cute way to teach the kids how to make patterns in a fun way! Since winter is beyound us and snow is fun but a pain lets make some pattern mittens. The first thing we did was splatter paint...this was sooooo much fun with the kids...lets just say the paint ended up on the paper but also their face and hair...hahaha. I watered down some white tempra paint and added some glitter to give it some affect. I had the kids then splatter the paint on the blue paper.That took one class. Then I had the mittens drawn on two different color construction papers...make one different then the other (color wise). I had the kids cut it out. Once they have that cut out then they drew two lines...one stright one zig zagged. That gave them three sections. Now this took a while but I had to seperate the foam shapes...and jewels.... fuuuun. Once you have them seperated the kids were given the shapes and jewels and with no help make a pattern with them. They had to make a pattern before I gave them the glue to glue it down so I can check. lol Once the mittens were glued and pattern glued BAM! You got yourself some pattern mittens! 

No comments:

Post a Comment